.

Friday 14 February 2014

I make more money as a model than most actress



Maryam Elisha is a model and A-list fashion designer. In this interview, she talks about her reasons for not going into acting and what to expect from her this year.
Mariam Elisha
My name is Maryam Elisha, I am a fashion designer. I was once an ex beauty queen. I have been an ex model for about two years and I am still into it. I modeled for about 8 years before I retired into fashion designing. I modeled for so many companies like, MTN. I did bill-board, and TV ads for MTN.
Presently, I am a full time fashion designer. I have not really acted, though I love acting. I do not think I am called to act. Acting takes a lot of time trying to be what you are not, and I do not really love that. You know every career has its challenges.
Way back when I started  modeling , I had several challenges of casting.Most of the time, models are not well treated you have to wait  in line,  But, all those things are not really challenges because, I would tell you that, there   was money in modelling then. I made more money and I had fun. They paid me really well then unlike now that models are giving peanuts.

I think then, they had few models and few people were willing to dabble into modelling  business unlike today where everybody wants to be a model. All I can say is that I was well paid

No comments:

Post a Comment